Sunday, August 31, 2014

Will you be my friend ?

I know asking around the playground for you to be my friend is about as lame as it gets, but I pretty much forfeited the idea of pissibly being cool the minute I picked up my first card and decided to start collecting (and it's even worse when you collect a team like the Blue Jays (go Jays !)). I'm asking to find sand in my peanut butter jelly sandwich, but ah well (fun foreign fact of the day : a small jar of peanut butter costs 7$ here. When you find it).

Those things take time, we need to know each other, but I'd really love to get my hands dirty in that whole blogosphere game thingy circle or whatever you call it. So I need your help spreading the news (the Junior Junkie paved the way and plugged me in, as he puts it, and I hope he wasn't talking litteraly. Thanks again to him) and adding me to your blogrolls.

I tried the forums, but they scare me. They all have banners in their signatures the size of France (or Texas, or Canada, your pick), and they talk about Prizm all day. And even though there seem to be great guys out there (I posted on Beckett and got a few nice PMs), it all looks so cold and dry and way too clean. I love the idea of just sending out packages here and there, so don't hesitate to let me know what you collect and I'll do my best to look at my (growing) collection and see what I can do. I'm not a collector powerhouse, but I do have some trade bait, and if you see things you like when I scan them, don't hesitate to ask.

Ok, I feel that this speech went well. A mix between Luther King and Lou Gehrig.

And to illustrate this, here's my 3 000 th different Blue Jays card. Welcome home, Turkey Red card of Gustavo Chacin.


3 comments:

  1. I want to trade for fancy French things. Like mustard and cheese and candy and stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not allowed (well, the FDA won't let me) to send perishable products, so forget about cheese ! As for the rest, I'm pretty sure we can work something out...we are a fancy people, with our mustard

    ReplyDelete