Sunday, August 23, 2015

European Connection : a surprise package

The Dutch card guy surprised me yesterday with a few awesome cards that perfectly fit my collection


A couple of neat on card 2015 SC autos. I already have the Sanchez auto, which means I need the Donaldson (too expensive for me) and the Pompey. Stroman should be back from surgery next year, and Norris (#1 Blue Jays prospect) was shipped to Detroit in the David Price deal.

Donruss shouldn't exist, but those Diamon Kings sure look (and feel) nice !
Thanks a lot for surprising me with those cards, Jeroen, I'll make sure to hit you back. Maybe not with Glavines, as your collection is way too impressive for that !

On an unrelated note, I've decided on a new collection (yeah, I know, yet another one...but I just can't focus, what can I say...). Since the Blue Jays came around at the same time I did (in 1977), this means that there are no vintage cards to collect. And I love vintage, and any excuse to add some to my collection is welcome. Hence my new collection : vintage New York Mets. The Mets are my second favorite team, having lived in Queens a looooong time ago. So if you have any Mets cards from 62 to 77, I'd be happy to trade for them ! I'll put a pin on the Ryan/Koosman rookie for now...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like the cards and good luck with the new collection !

    ReplyDelete