Friday, February 27, 2015

J'ai été Zippy Zappé

Just like that, I've been Zippy Zapped !


Zippy is our portal to the wonderful world of Asian cards. Especially those elusive Card Gen cards I had no idea existed before reading about Zippy's trades. Those are his calling cards. I send out Biebers, he sends really cool Japanese impossible to find cards, this must be what you call Yin and Yang.


 A couple of nice autos (ok, I hadn't seen this at first, but the Lawrie is a facsimile. It's still very real in my heart though). Brett Lawrie will really be missed this season.


My first taste of 2015 Topps ! I'm pretty sure I'll be getting 10 copies of that cards from Chris's break, but I'm happy for the sneak peak.


Shiny cards and parallels and refractors that confuse the hell out of me. I wasn't even able to track down those Bowman cards. They aren't chrome. Or draft & prospects. Or draft & prospects chrome.



I love those soccer cards (I don't really know why Jimmy Rollins made his way in the envelope, but I still like the card a lot !). Like every european on the planet, I used to play soccer (I stopped to play tennis, and then basketball), and I still watch a lot of games whenever they're on TV. Which means about every other day. Those are all from French clubs (except the last one), in case you were wondering. And I'll bet you were wondering.

Thanks a lot Kenny, it was a great surprise getting those cards in the mail. I'll have a return package sent out your way real soon !

8 comments:

  1. Felicitations, mon ami! J'ai aussi une boite des cartes que j'espere a envoyer a vous dans la premiere semaine de marche.

    I sincerely doubt that is correct, but I think I'm pretty close...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "dans la premiere semaine de marche" means 'in the first week of marching', but hey, I get the drift !
      (and you're crazy, but thanks ! I'm waiting for a card for you and I'll have some goodies out your way !)

      Delete
  2. I sent those soccer players because they were all french.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the cards though.
      BTW, the Lawrie is unfortunately a facsimile auto (it's just part of the design).
      And I sent the Rollins because I thought I'd send some US exclusive retail stuff your way. They're a hit among most of my foreign contacts.

      Delete
    2. haha I'm such a doofus (yes, a doofus). Looks very real, they did a nice job ! Facsimile or not, I still needed it for my collection !

      Delete
  3. My college intramural team was "Olympique Vanderbilt" as a take off on OM, who cheated their way to the Champions League title in about 1992.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happened was that there was a game that they bought off a week before the Champions league final, in 93 (that they won). They gave money to a defensive player from Valenciennes so that he wouldn't play too rough on them and so no one would be hurt for the finals. Definitely cheating, though !

      Delete