Monday, February 5, 2018

Julie takes me to her LCS

Fresh out of (too) early retirement, Julie sent me one of those packages only she knows how to put together. A small box with something like 300 (!) cards, 2/3 of which I needed for my collection. And that's not easy to achieve ! I can't show everything here, but all the cards I scanned are new to me and were really fun to sort and look at.


Yay, Knicks cards ! They have been abysmal for the last few years (decade), but when you're a fan...I'll never collect current basketball cards, though, as Panini isn't exactly doing a stellar job...


 Always excited to get new Griffeys !


Julie is my official supplier of goofy cards (that Vicejoy is a refractor !) and anything French related.
The 'love locks' phenomenon is actually a problem, as they make grids very fragile (parts already fell in the water), because they aren't built to support 50 tons of locks. People and their clichés...



A bunch of PC ! Some old, some new...the joys of collecting a variety of players


I'm really glad I'm not an Ichiro supercolletor. There must be an insane amount of his cards out there.


Some Mets cards (I really like Topps Archives, especially the early sets) and a newly inducted HOFer !

Now, some Blue Jays cards. There were something like 160 blue jays cards I needed for my collection. That's a lot. Really. Many are from 2017, which is easier to find since I only have a handful (58 according to my spreadsheet). I haven't been really active on the trade front !


A couple of autos from players who only lasted a couple of years in the minors. But hey, it's better than I ever did !


*sigh*


Fan favorite from my collecting days. Nice variety of brands and styles


Calling Clemens a fan favorite would be the overstatement of the year. He did bring amazing numbers to Toronto, though. Never easy to collect someone with such an abrasive personality. But it could be worse, he could be Curt Shilling.


More beautiful cards from the 90s ! (and one from the 80s) Those were the days...

 I keep discovering new sets from the years 2000. So much to chose from...those SPx are really great.


There was a complete team set from 2015 mini, before they got all confusing with the 2017 release. I didn't know what those '51 topps heritage cards were, so I did a little research, and found out they're from a factory set. I always love getting cards I need from factory sets, without actually having to buy the whole set.


This is proof that Panini (!!!) actually gets things right sometimes. I'd never seen those America's pastime cards, and they look quite nice.


Parallels, chrome, high end, low end...the usual mix !

And finally, some cards from 2017 :


You'd think Panini would've bothered to change the photo for the Donaldson card...they changed the blurb at the back, after all. And you can give a chrome aspect to Donruss to make it cooler, it'll still be ugly. Nice try, though.




Great looking high end cards, and I especially like that National card from Bowman.

Thanks again Julie for a wonderful box of cards to sort through. It's like making a trip with you to the local card shop !

2 comments:

  1. Julie is always delivering high end base. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - always makes me happy to send a higher number of needed cards than dupes! So sorry it took so long to get these to you. You can be sure another stack is growing!

    ReplyDelete