Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Bob Walk Express

Well, Matt delivered. Yet again.
Another great trade package filled with goodies. There were also the results of our box break, but I really don't have anything to show but base cards of 2009 Signature Stars (you can't always win), so I'll skip that part ! Also included were a bunch of supplies (card sleeves, top loaders, magnet holders) that are always a welcomed and unexpected addition.

As for the trade aspect...


I like that card a lot. There are probably hundreds of Scott Rolen autos out there (I won't chase them all !), and I love how it's full of color and on card.


Not a prospect anymore and still a great asset to the Blue Jays ! His signature is all but spectacular, which is too bad because he's a fun player to chase.



This is a real beauty ! Simple design and on card auto on acetate. Doesn't get much better in my world.


Not every day that Matt sends me some Knicks players ! Nice trio of players from three different eras. Starks is one of my all time (goats) favorites, a player I collected and watched closely in the 90s.


And finally, the clou du spectacle / icing on the cake (we say 'cherry on the cake, in France, but what do we know ?) :


Bam ! A 1969 Nolan Ryan in a beautifull hefty screwdown holder ! My mind was blown when I saw that. And it shows that Matt was paying attention when I said I wanted one of each of Ryan's Topps base cards from his playing years, as they spanned four decades. PLUS, I collect Mets cards from that era. Perfect fit. And it's probably the type of card I'd never have chased in the first place, as it's way out of my price range. I know I'll never own his RC, because as iconic as it may be, there will always be other cards I'd rather have for that kind of money. I'm not necessarily a huge Ryan fan (too many walks, not enough control and way, way too Republican for my taste), but he is definitely one of the all time bests, and this second year card is simply and truly amazing.

thanks a lot Matt, definitely a perfect game, which puts you in a category apart from Nolan Ryan !

5 comments:

  1. That was one heck of a package! It's been a while since I've seen one of those old school chunky screwdown's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've probably had that Ryan in my collection for 15 years. It was given to me in that huge screwdown and I just never took the time to take it out. Glad you liked the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff - I agree on the Rolen auto, great design and on card is always a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A blog must be connected to the person in need. It is really important to understand the actual feel of such necessity and the essence of objective behind it. Author must give proper time to understand every topic before writing it.
    English football cards

    ReplyDelete