Monday, May 1, 2017

93 UD State of the Union

Since I had a pending shipment from COMC, I figured I might as well add a few cards to the cart. I therefore inched a little closer to my 93 UD set completion with some new blood. It's always a pain to pay more than a few cents for mainstream 90s cards, but I'll do it for select cards from the main set, and of course for inserts. And those that I can't add for less than $1 can just wait...Which explains why I don't have any Highlights cards.


Maybe it's because I've seen it so much, but I was surprised to see I was missing the Javy RC. Then again, The Jeter has always eluded me, despite busting a lot of packs...


My favorite insert with Then & Now holograms ! Still missing a couple of those


Another insert I love, mainly because I've looked at the Griffey many, many times (I had a t shirt with the card on it, actually). Gonzalez was the last card I needed from the set, except for the checklist and header card.


I really like the On deck insert set, but it doesn't strike as much a chord as the other ones, as I never pulled any from packs back in the day. They were inserted in Jumbo packs only, as were the HR Heroes that I'm showing next. Canseco, Van Slyke, Clemens, Strawberry...and Abbott. Sorry man, can't really put you in the same group as these "gentlemen" !


You can tell by the checklist that those are not the cards that were very high on my wantlist

I'm almost there ! I just need a little help with the commons from flagship, before I pick up the last inserts left, even if it means dishing a few dollars more than they are worth !

Here are the cards I'm still missing :

25 Tim Salmon
70 Derek Lilliquist
370 Gary Gaetti
449 Derek Jeter
471 Barry Bonds/Will Clark...team stars
478 Dante Bichette / Galarraga..team stars
531 Franck Bolick
536 Kevin Young
554 Jim Abbott
566 Mark Mcgwire
599 Steve Cooke
630 Roger Clemens CL
649 Dan Pasqua
665 Dwight Gooden
698 Jimmy Jones
707 Steve Howe
718 Craig Leffert
723 Bryn Smith
724 Greg Harris
726 Cris Carpenter
727 Chico Walker
732 Freddie Benavides
733 Jeff Reboulet
742 Joey Cora
808 Bob Ojeda
809 Dave Burba
814 Dennis Eckersley Team CL
818 Greg Jefferies team cl
820 Darryl Strawberry team cl
822 Robby Thompson team cl
830 Jay Bell team cl
831 Juan Gonzalez team cl
832 Andre Dawson team cl
839 Danny Tartabull team cl

thanks !

6 comments:

  1. Kevin, I have extra Then and Now inserts. Who do you need? I still love these cards. This set started me down the road of card hoarding aka collecting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Julie, but it was one of the first insert sets I completed upon coming back to the hoarding world !

      Delete
    2. doh - totally misread your post. well that just saves room in the box for other cards. :)

      Delete
  2. I've got a jumbo box of series 2 on the way to me right now. I'm happy to send some needs across the pond to you once I finish breaking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that'd be great, thanks ! for once, I'll be happy about terrible 90's collation...

      Delete
  3. I will keep an eye out as I continue the big sorting of 2017. I know there are 1993 UD in there, not sure if you need them too!

    ReplyDelete