Sunday, June 26, 2016

Self-centered

Today is my birthday (yay me ! (thank you, thank you)). Which of course, always reminds me of my oh my how time flies and how 20 years ago I was graduating from high-school and slowly getting out of the hobby (and into women, but I have no idea if those are related).

Slowly sipping my orange juice this morning, I realized I don't really have a dream card. The Holy Grail I'd do anything to have in my collection. There are some truly iconic cards I wouldn't mind having, of course (pre-war stars, 52 Mantle etc.), but nothing I dream about. I'm a product of the 90s, which probably explains it. I love vintage cards, as you know, but grew up looking at the little arrows in Beckett on modern cards and wondering if I'd ever be able to get a Griffey UD RC (I did, thanks to Wes and Matt). That was my dream card.

I don't even know what I'd pick if I had to choose just one card, admitting that all cards are equal in value. I shouldn't write this, but I find the Mantle/Griffey from UD actually ugly, so this one wouldn't make the cut.

I'd probably go for sentimental value. To bring me back to my daydreaming days.

Yeah.

Here's what I'd pick :


But without the plastic case.
You can't put a plastic case in  a wallet.

15 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!

    I don't really have a dream card either. Just lots of cards I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    I don't have a dream card either

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    The Jordan 86 Fleer rookie would be my choice for dream card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday my friend. The closest thing I have to a dream card would be a Clemente rookie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!

    I guess my dream card would be a 1952 Topps Eddie Mathews, since that one is likely never to be in my price range.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated B-day! Hope it was a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated B-day! Hope it was a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Kevin, sorry for being late!

    ReplyDelete
  9. buy a man-purse to carry that slabbed beauty everywhere you go!

    ReplyDelete