Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Card from the Junior Bayou

I don't even know if there are any bayous near New Orleans...ah well.

Before I start with that trade post, I need to make a sincere apology. I received several great trade packages, but I won't be able to show them off because, as I said in an earlier post, the stack fell down and everything got shuffled. Over 100 cards are concerned, and it'd just feel silly to make another giant post without properly thanking the right person. According to my spreadsheet, those should be cards from Adam (Infield fly rule), P-Town Tom and Mike Matson. I'm truly very sorry, I hate not showing off cards that are sent to me, especially considering overseas costs and the time it took to put those together. But do know they are greatly appreciated and the cards will find a way in my binders.Won't happen again !

Junior Junkie's stack was put somewhere else, so it was safe from my madness and remained intact. Here's a sample of what TJ sent me, as we all know he never makes a trip to the Post Office for nothing.


Awesome custom card ! and a nice summary of America.


Look at that un-punched, smooth baby face (love that deckle insert though). I won't comment on the other day's incidents, simply because I choose not to care about overpaid grown men fighting with caps and hats on because of dumb unwritten rules (oh wait, I did comment after all). I hope we aren't done with Evolution just yet.



Always a treat to add new Delgado cards ! I really like those Etchings cards, with that little piece of wood on them. Even if it's with that logo that reminds blue jays fans of dire times. Thames has a very lazy signature and only had a short stint with the Blue Jays, but is now having a great career in the Korean League. Plus, he plays for a team called the Dinos. Doesn't get much better than that.


 there aren't many Alomars from his playing days that I'm missing, but here's one ! And I love how that 1988 sticker has the old Panini logo on it. Reminds me of when I'd collect them. Except there were'nt any baseball albums, just Smurfs and soccer.


 More modern cards ! Ok, I have to admit I had no idea Jayson Werth ever played for the Blue Jays. Apparently he played in 40 games over a couple of years. I'll have to check, but I don't think I have any card of his in a Blue Jays uniform. Don't know if any exist (quick, to the BatComcmobile)


Collecting hell wouldn't be complete without modern parallels...and that Dickey card is very special : it's a Panini Pinnacle card that I do not hate. They don't come around that often. Cool clear acetate card.


And finally, since I'm French, TJ figures I must like soccer. Well, he's right. There's even a French player in there !

Thanks a lot for thinking of me in your giant mailday, TJ ! I hand picked some Griffeys for you that I know you already received, but I'll be on the lookout for more to make up for your fantastic trade packages !

2 comments:

  1. I think I just friended you on FB. If not there's a French fellow who's going to think I'm a weirdo (and be right).

    Glad you enjoyed the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric Thames autograph looks like one of my 2 year olds drawings.

    ReplyDelete