Monday, February 1, 2016

5K (and I'm not talking strikeouts)

This card is special.


It's not very nice to have Upper Deck choose Molitor for a ground out (where's the respect ?), but I suppose somebody had to be it.

I already did a similar post for my 3 000 th Blue Jay (Molitor would've been more fitting for that milestone), but do know that this is the 5 000th unique Blue Jays card that I've added to my collection since re-entering the hobby 18 months ago. I'm psyched. So once again, thanks to all of you who've made it possible (and to justcommons, who always offers great international shipping bargains) blablablablabla (but it's a sincere blablablablabla).

On a side note, I really should update my wantlist, I'm missing a lot of 2015 singles

Update :

yeah, for those who wonder, I absolutely document everything. It was easy because I started this when I had "only" 10 000 cards and was having fun taking everything out of boxes and binders after hiding them for 20 years. Then all I had to do was update the spreadsheet every day when I got new cards. It's the organizing that makes it fun for me...(and no, that's not the Azureus logo you see at the bottom its...hum...*cough*)



12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the milestone. I'm just jealous you have taken the time to organize to the extent you know how many cards you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit jealous, too. If someone asked me how many cards I have I'd just have to gesture vaguely at a stack of binders, boxes, and piles of cards and say, "That many, plus the ones on and around my desk upstairs."

      Delete
  2. I wish I was this organized.

    I remember this set well. I was actually bummed because I believe they replaced You Crash The Game in series 1, although according to BaseballCardPedia, they were brought back in Series 2. I was 12 years old at the time of this set, but I don't know anyone who actually played the card game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a box of series 1 and series 2 and You crash the game is only in series 2. You make the play are in series 1

      Delete
  3. I've started getting organized to a point like this, but only through Zistle. Even then, I've got some "false" wants because Zistle does not allow you to have a card that you have in your collection duplicated on your wantlist. But, when you have a team collection and player collection, you need two cards, dadgum it!

    Cool organization.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zistle does look extra convenient for trading !

      Delete
  4. The showy French guy strikes again. I tried Zistling but it just wasn't user-friendly enough for me. I basically want to read my cards off to a robot who then enters them into a database which magically sorts them by player, year and set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zistle looks like so much work...too much for my laziness !I have a checklist that I printed and that I check with a good ol' pen. Very satisfying !

      Delete
    2. Lazy isn't necessarily a negative. I love paper too. Paper plates for instance. ;)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the milestone. I'm pretty old school in my organizing. But it works for me. Your spreadsheet is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mean to scare you or anything, but you may want to run some scans of your PC for viruses. I mean - look at your screen shots: what's up with Excel? All the words are messed up.

    Like they are a different language or something.

    ReplyDelete